The Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) is part of the Scottish Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) Service. PASS is an independent service which provides free, accessible and confidential information, advice and support to patients, their carers and families about NHS healthcare.
The Patient Advice and Support Service can:
- provide you with information, advice and support if you want to give feedback or comments, or raise concerns or complaints, about healthcare provided by NHS Scotland
- explain the NHS complaints procedure and provide the information and advice necessary to enable you to make a complaint.
- provide practical assistance in the preparation of letters, making phone calls and supporting you in preparing for and attending meetings
- help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a patient
- assist you to access medical records, and provide practical help with obtaining clinical records and understanding these
- work with the National Health Service (NHS) in Scotland to improve healthcare provision – work that can be done because of the feedback you provide.
There is more information about the Patient Advice and Support Service at www.patientadvicescotland.org.uk or you can call 0800 917 2127 to speak to an advisor.
Our PASS worker is Yvonne Hutchison. You can contact her on 01349 885937 or by e-mail at email@example.com.