Our Housing and Homelessness Project aims to help those in the greatest need of support with their complex housing issues that leave them at risk of eviction or losing their homes.
We can help provide advice, referrals and representation for housing related issues including:
- Tenancy agreements, rent, rent arrears and eviction, including representation in court
- Mortgage re-possessions, including representation in court
- Deposits for private rentals
- Repairs and maintainence issues, including representation with the Private Rented Housing Panel
- Homelessness, the threat of homelessness and assistance with appeals
- Housing allocations
- Under-occupancy charges (bedroom tax), discretionary housing payments and appeals
- Income maximisation
- Debt management and money advice
This project is also available to those in Caithness and Sutherland who are in need of our help, providing an in-court advice service at Wick, Tain and Inverness Sheriff Courts.
Alison MacRury – Housing & In-court Advice Team Leader
Jim McCourt – Housing & In-court project worker
Ryan Connell – Housing & In-court project worker
You can contact our housing and in-court services team directly on 01349 885933 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Housing and Homelessness project is funded by the Scottish Legal Aid board.