All of us at some point in time may have been affected by housing problems.  Rent and mortgage arrears, damp or disrepair, eviction or repossession are topics the CAB deal with everyday.  We understand how important your home is to you and that problems with it can be difficult to deal with, which is why you should come to us.

We can help with:
  • Problems with your landlord
  • Disputes with neighbours
  • Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a tenant/homeowner (including right-to-buy)
  • Understanding your tenancy agreement
  • Understanding your right to home repairs
  • Coping with rent and mortgage arrears

Specialist Advice

We also run a separate project for those in more urgent need of assistance for instance those danger of being evicted or losing their home.  You can find out more about our dedicated Housing and Homelessness project here.

Get in touch

Visit one of our bureaux, give us a call or get in touch with us online to find out more about how the Ross and Cromarty CAB can help you:

Alness BureauDingwall BureauTain Bureau Make an enquiry online

What to bring to the CAB

Here are some documents and information that it would be useful for you to have when making an enquiry with us:

  • Tenancy agreements/letters from your landlord (for those renting accommodation)
  • Mortgage details (if applicable)
  • Title deeds (if a homeowner)
  • Details and proof of income
  • Wage slips/benefits/tax credit details

Useful Links, Leaflets and Factsheets

Albyn Housing Society – Affordable social housing in the Highlands

Highland Homeless Trust – Help for those with housing issues

Homelessness advice from Shelter Scotland

Housing advice from Citizens Advice Scotland

New Start Highland – Housing support (in Inverness) and help with training and home furnishing for those in need