Your health and that of those around you is understandably one of the most important things in your life.  Health problems and disabilities can make it difficult to live the life that you want to, and sometimes can leave you wondering where to turn to.  We at the Ross and Cromarty CAB can provide assistance and advice to anyone suffering from health issues or disabilities on many different topics:

We can help with:
  • Knowing your rights with the NHS and while in care
  • Dealing with the NHS and care costs
  • Looking at and applying for care homes
  • Getting proper care and support for your disability
  • Dealing with discrimination because of health issues/disability

Specialist Advice

Our Mind-full project provides help and support for those of all ages in dealing with financial problems, especially for those with mental health issues.

Our Patient and Support Service (PASS) Project can give you support in making complaints to the NHS about your healthcare.

Get in touch

If you are suffering from an immediate health concern your first point-of-call should be your local doctor’s surgery, NHS 24 (call 111) or in serious cases phoning 999.

However, we at the Citizens Advice Bureau can help to assist you in coping with any medical conditions you have as best as you can.

Visit one of our bureaux, give us a call or get in touch with us online to find out more about how the Ross and Cromarty CAB can help you:

Alness BureauDingwall BureauTain Bureau Make an enquiry online

Useful Links, Leaflets and Factsheets

Age UK – Advice for older people on health and social issues

Birchwood Highland – Support for those with mental/ill health issues

Headway Highland – Support for those with brain injuries

Highland Alcohol & Drugs Partnership – Info & advice on substance abuse in the Highland area

NHS 24 – Health advice and out-of-hours care (Telephone number: 111)

NHS Highland – Info about health services and wellbeing

RNIB – Support for blind and partially sighted people